Banks, Credit Unions and Other Lenders
LAW FOR CREDIT UNIONS AND OTHER LENDERS
Weltman & Moskowitz, LLP is committed to addressing the specific needs of banks, secured lenders and federally insured credit unions. The needs of the firm's creditor clients often extend to every service the law firm provides, including counseling, bankruptcy court creditor representation, claims analysis and filing, loan origination, collection litigation and asset recovery, foreclosures and contract review.
The firm offers each client the opportunity to participate in seminars on new legal developments, such as topical case law trends and the particular impact of bankruptcy reform legislation. This enables clients such as landlords and institutional lenders to stay fully informed of the latest trends affecting secured lenders generally and specific industries in particular. In addition, the attorneys of Weltman & Moskowitz, LLP pay particular attention to needs unique to the growing credit union movement. The firm 's attorneys closely focus on credit unions and banking law issues, and follow federal and state legislative and regulatory developments. The firm's attorneys represent the firm as members of various bar association panels and seminars and as members of New York State Credit Union Attorneys' Association. As such, the firm's attorneys are able to pass along to their clients the impact of new industry trends and legislative and regulatory reform initiatives.
Weltman & Moskowitz, LLP offers the following services to its credit union, bank, asset-based and institutional lender clients:
- Pre-collection services including legal demand letters and compliance with Fair Debt Collection Practices Act statute and regulations;
- Collection litigation in New York and New Jersey state and federal courts, and beyond with strategic alliances with specialized professionals in other jurisdictions;
- Bankruptcy representation, including asset recovery, reaffirmations, redemptions, workouts, investigations, and creditor representation in preference, fraudulent conveyance, substantial abuse, relief from stay, plan confirmation and other bankruptcy-related litigation;
- Defense and lender liability representation;
- Contract review, modification and negotiations;
- Policy, procedures and operations review (legal audit); and
- Upon request, presentation of targeted seminars, specially developed and arranged for small or large groups, on-site or in-office on topical subjects.
If you wish to discuss a creditors' rights or bankruptcy-related matter or issue, or some other legal matter not discussed above, feel free to contact the firm by calling 212.684.7800 or 201.794.7500, or by following an e-mail link to one of the firm's attorneys. Inquiries are welcome and all communications are promptly returned.
New York Office
New Jersey Office
For further information on this topic or to discuss your case, please contact Richard E. Weltman or Michael L. Moskowitz by telephone, fax or email.
- Creditors Face Liability for Misrepresentations from Their Third-Party Debt Collectors
- Chapter 13 Creditor’s Success Story Starts With Engagement of Skilled NY Bankruptcy Law Team
- Loss Mitigation: How Borrower Bankruptcies Impact Lenders
- “Shadow Docket” Reform Moves New York Foreclosure Cases to Settlement Conferences
- Second Circuit Confirms Madoff Trustee Lacks Standing to Assert Common Law Claims against Third-Party Financial Institutions
- Lenders Who Fail to Comply With CPLR 3408 Risk Significant Penalties
- ALERT -- RECENT OPINION OF THE SECOND CIRCUIT COURT OF APPEALS REGARDING REPOSSESSED COLLATERAL AND POTENTIAL DAMAGES – In re Weber
- CPLR §3215(c) Mandates Moving For Entry of Judgment Within One Year After Default Or Face Dismissal – A Cautionary Tale and A Success Story
- 9 Videos About Bankruptcy Basics
- NEW YORK’S COURT OF APPEALS SAYS FEDERAL CREDIT UNIONS MUST PAY NEW YORK’S MORTGAGE RECORDING TAX
- CREDIT UNION LENDER MUST IMMEDIATELY RETURN TO DEBTOR REPOSSESSED VEHICLE UPON NOTICE OF BANKRUPTCY FILING
- HOW TO DEAL WITH LOUSY CREDIT REPORTS?: Why Knowing What Your Creditors are Saying About You Can Help You Take Charge
- New Website! PaperStreet launches weltmosk.com re-design!
- ATTORNEY RICHARD WELTMAN RECOGNIZED FOR OUTSTANDING SERVICE BY NEW JERSEY'S FEDERAL BANKRUPTCY COURTS.