Creditors Rights and Bankruptcy
CREDITOR/DEBTOR RIGHTS AND BANKRUPTCY
From its inception, the law firm of Weltman & Moskowitz, LLP has focused on business and consumer bankruptcy, creditors' rights, non-judicial workouts, secured lending and asset recovery, and workout and restructuring matters. If you are a consumer debtor wishing to explore bankruptcy or alternative relief, follow this link or an e-mail link or send a request for information through the Request Info button to the left. By concentrating their efforts in these areas, the attorneys of Weltman & Moskowitz, LLP offer significant benefits to the firm's business clients. In this respect, the firm's goals have never wavered:
- Preserving asset and going-concern values.
- Expeditiously and efficiently rehabilitating financially distressed business enterprises.
- Maximizing recovery for both creditors, and business owners.
As commercial litigators, the firm's lawyers have substantial experience in the broad range of creditor and debtor disputes which arise in the bankruptcy courts and state and federal trial and appellate courts. They have the legal expertise and depth of experience to respond decisively to complex insolvency proceedings and other creditors' rights problems. The ever increasing complexity in insolvency and related matters makes the creditors' rights practice particularly invaluable to the firm's clients.
Clients include secured and unsecured lenders, real estate owners, managers, and developers, investors, trade creditors, official committees, equity participants, business owners and trustees, and other parties in interest.
Financial institutions engage the firm to protect their interests as secured creditors in corporate reorganizations under chapters 11 and 13 and liquidations under chapter 7. Plan opponents, lenders, business owners and committees engage the firm to maximize recovery while balancing the constant tension between debt and equity.
The firm's strength in this practice area enables its attorneys to develop creative plans of reorganization, counsel in the acquisition of assets, leases or claims, litigate contested matters and adversary proceedings and assist creditors with involuntary filings. Weltman & Moskowitz, LLP represents institutional lenders and leasing companies as well as business owners, organizations and individuals in reorganizations, restructurings and loan workouts. The firm has also enforced, collected or worked out special loan situations, secured and unsecured, and has re-casted and re-documented asset-based loans. The firm's clients have come to rely upon the firm for strategic pre-bankruptcy planning and solid advice in connection with all phases of bankruptcy and creditor/debtor rights matters. This reliance has been rewarded by the firm's proven track record and steadfast commitment to exceed each client's expectations.
If you have a problem concerning debtor/creditor rights or bankruptcy, feel free to contact the firm by calling 212.684.7800 or 201.794.7500, or following an e-mail link to one of the firm's attorneys. Inquiries are welcomed and e-mail communications are followed up promptly.
New York Office
New Jersey Office
For further information on this topic or to discuss your case, please contact Richard E. Weltman or Michael L. Moskowitz by telephone, fax or email.
- Rent Stabilization & Bankruptcy: Nightmare for NYC Tenants or Boon for Landlords and Owners?
- ALERT - William K. Harrington to replace Tracy Hope Davis as U.S. Trustee for Region 2
- Chapter 13 Creditor’s Success Story Starts With Engagement of Skilled NY Bankruptcy Law Team
- Loss Mitigation: How Borrower Bankruptcies Impact Lenders
- Second Circuit Confirms Madoff Trustee Lacks Standing to Assert Common Law Claims against Third-Party Financial Institutions
- FEDERAL SEQUESTER CAUSES U.S. TRUSTEE TO SUSPEND DEBTOR AUDITS FOR NOW
- 9 Videos About Bankruptcy Basics
- Creditors Need to Take Notice of the Recent Amendments to the Federal Bankruptcy Rules Which Affect the Filing of Proofs of Claims
- The Student Loan Crisis: Is there a Bankruptcy Solution?
- OUT-OF-COURT WORKOUT OR CHAPTER 11?
- CREDIT UNION LENDER MUST IMMEDIATELY RETURN TO DEBTOR REPOSSESSED VEHICLE UPON NOTICE OF BANKRUPTCY FILING
- HOW TO DEAL WITH LOUSY CREDIT REPORTS?: Why Knowing What Your Creditors are Saying About You Can Help You Take Charge
- New Website! PaperStreet launches weltmosk.com re-design!
- MICHAEL L. MOSKOWITZ TEACHES COURSE CONCERNING IMPACT OF BANKRUPTCY REFORM ON CONSUMERS TO DELOITTE, LLP STAFF MEMBERS
- RICHARD WELTMAN TEACHES COURSE TO ESTATE PLANNERS ON IMPACT OF BANKRUPTCY REFORM
- RICHARD WELTMAN QUOTED IN RECENT ARTICLE ON BANKRUPTCY TRENDS IN NEW JERSEY LAWYER
- CONGRESS PASSES MAJOR BANKRUPTCY REFORM BILL AND DELIVERS BILL TO PRESIDENT BUSH FOR SIGNATURE
- Supreme Court Shields Individual Retirement Accounts From Creditors
- Senate Reintroduces 2005 Version of Bankruptcy Reform Bill
- Fast Track for Bankruptcy Reform Act as it sails through House