Real Property Transactions
The real property practice of Weltman & Moskowitz, LLP includes the representation of lenders, developers, managers and owners in sophisticated and straight-forward commercial transactions, sometimes involving environmentally impacted properties, together with a variety of smaller commercial and residential real estate transactions. For institutional clients, the firm has often been asked to focus on restructuring, consolidation and extension agreements, wraps and cross-collateralization agreements and other special loan situations involving collateralized real estate.
Having represented the interests of both buyers and sellers, as well as lenders and borrowers, Weltman & Moskowitz, LLP understands the special needs and objectives that each party brings to the bargaining table.
AREAS OF PRACTICE
- Commercial real estate transactions, including real estate development, purchases, sales, mortgage financing and restructuring;
- Commercial lease counselling, review, negotiation and preparation;
- Representation of homeowner associations, boards of directors of cooperative apartment corporations and boards of managers of condominium associations;
- Real estate litigation, involving contract, title and boundary line disputes, mortgages, liens, easements and rights-of-way;
- Representation of both bank and landlord creditors in connection with enforcing rights in special loan and bankruptcy cases, particularly dealing with the treatment of commercial leases and secured creditors;
- Representation of debtor, and other constituent interests, including secured party, investor, equity participant, landlord and third-party interests in bankruptcy cases, particularly in connection with preserving real estate values and restructuring debt;
- Residential real estate, including purchases and sales, secured lending, refinancing and workouts, conveyancing of single- and multi-family dwellings, cooperative apartments and condominium units; and
- Review, counseling, negotiation and preparation of construction contracts, work letters and architectural and engineering contracts, bid documents and design build agreements.
If you would like more information about a real estate matter or issue, please contact the firm or its attorneys via e-mail link or by calling 212.684.7800 or 201.794.7500.
New York Office
New Jersey Office
For further information on this topic or to discuss your case, please contact Richard E. Weltman or Michael L. Moskowitz by telephone, fax or email.
- Get It Right the First Time: Best Practices for Mailing and Recording the New York RPAPL 90-day Pre-Foreclosure Notice
- Lender Alert: New Jersey Appeals Court Holds that Homeowners May Sue Over Denial of Mortgage Modifications
- NJ Court: Bank Has Duty to Prevent Injury in Foreclosed Home
- More Judicial Oversight to Expedite NY’s Mandatory Foreclosure Conferences
- Update on Bankruptcy Exemptions: Bankruptcy Court Order Protects Debtor from Eviction
- “Shadow Docket” Reform Moves New York Foreclosure Cases to Settlement Conferences
- CPLR §3215(c) Mandates Moving For Entry of Judgment Within One Year After Default Or Face Dismissal – A Cautionary Tale and A Success Story
- New Website! PaperStreet launches weltmosk.com re-design!